Tuesday, April 27, 2010

I Never Leave God's Hands.....

Lord -
Consume me like a fire! Help me to lay my plans in Your hands knowing that Your plans are far better than mine!
Amen!

For the past several months, I have had baby fever! I never knew how real baby fever was until it hit me! My heart's desire is to be a mom but because of some health stuff that I am currently going through, I am having to really trust God and the plan He has for our future family. About a week ago, after a lot of doctor appointments and tears, I finally just said "God, I am giving this to you! Take it from me!" I instantly had a lot of peace, and to be honest, haven't been as consumed by all things baby. You see, in the depths of my heart I know, without a doubt, that God has the perfect plan for me. It's just that the hormones and the baby fever emotions sometimes tend to make my mind doubt, what my heart knows!
This morning as I was driving to work I was praying about my future kiddos - whether biological, adopted (this is another cool God thing for another post!) or both. I was asking God to help me to be obedient to wherever He calls me and to step out in faith to follow Him. As I was praying, out of nowhere, I said something along the lines of "God, help me to leave this having kids thing in Your hands. Help me to keep giving it back to you, if I try to take control again. Help me to rest in You and your perfect plan for my future family. Through this season of my life, help me to become more like You. Teach me what you want me to learn."
I have decided that I can let this baby thing consume this season of my life and be anxious about what the future holds, or I can use this season of my life to grow closer to God. To seek His perfect plan for my life. To become a little more like Him. I pray that I won't let the desire I have to be a mom, keep me from missing out on all the other amazing blessings God has for me right now.
I feel like God's saying..."Enjoy the journey. Let me fill the empty parts of your heart as you wait for a child."
I realize I can't go through this season of my life in my own strength. I need God...to guide me, to equip me, to reveal His plan to me and sometimes to carry me, when the emotions seem to consume me.

"When the future seems uncertain, like the coming of a storm, your loving father carries His children when they can't walk anymore." ~JJ Heller

What do you need to place in God's hands? Remember, His plans are far better than we could ever imagine, guess or request! (Eph.3:20)




No comments:

Post a Comment