Thursday, April 22, 2010

On My Knees Before God....

Do you regularly hit your knees during your prayer time? Something about being on your knees before the Lord is so humbling, so intimate. I've been a Christian for 12 years and until recently, I could only count a handful of times that I've been on my knees before the Lord. Man, I have been missing out on an amazing opportunity to humble myself before my Lord and Savior! To pour out my heart to Him, to bow at His throne. Don't get me wrong, I talk to God a lot, especially when I'm driving ( don't worry...I keep my eyes open!). But praying has never been more intimate for me, than when I surrender and fall to my knees before the Lord.
A few weeks ago, I was up late spending time with God. I was on my knees in prayer and it was so quiet that I could only hear the tick tock of the clock. I was just praying for God to consume me! Lately my prayer has been that my love for God would be obvious to everyone I come in contact with on a daily basis - that God would help me to be transparent in my love for Him. That night I was moved to tears during my Bible Study time. Beth Moore wrote:
"Beloved, if you have ever paid attention to anything I have ever written about the key to a passionate relationship with Christ, pay attention now! Your heart means far more to Christ than any amount of service you could render or rules you could keep. If Christ has your heart, He will have your obedience (John 14:21). God wants to completely captivate your heart and cause it to burn with passion for Him."
WOW!!! Oh how I want my heart to burn for God!
Beth Moore went on to say (by the way, I just love Beth Moore! I love that she is SO in love with Jesus!!!)
"There are two keys to igniting Godly passion: prayer and Bible study! We may do many other things to fan the flame of our spiritual passion for Christ, but all other efforts are in vain without the two sticks of prayer and Bible study rubbed together to ignite a fire."
She goes on to say that it's about more than "popcorn prayers and drive through lessons!"
"I'm talking about entering into a love affair of prayer with Jesus Christ, where you talk to Him throughout the day, as if He the Unseen One, is a far greater reality that those within your vision. I'm talking about opening the Word, throwing back your head, face toward heaven and saying 'Thrill me with your word!'(Psalm 119:18)God is more than anxious to give you a heart full of fire for his Son."
Praise God! Because that's exactly what I desire to have! For God to consume my heart like a fire, to know and experience Him in ways I never have before.
My prayer are these song lyrics...I hope they will be your prayer too as we Faithfully Follow where God's Calling...

"Hey now, this is my desire, consume me like a fire, cause I just want some thing beautiful to touch me, I know that I'm in reach, I am down on my knees, waiting for something beautiful."

Psalm 27:14 "One thing I ask of the Lord this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the Lord and to seek Him in His temple."

No comments:

Post a Comment